For everyone interested in genetics Southern Beef Technology Services in Australia is running a series of Webinars over six weeks which are free to take part in. These started on Monday, June 20th, 2011 - New Zealand time 10 pm.
Topics being covered are:
1. DNA Technology - Understanding the Basics
2. Utilising DNA for Parentage Verification
3. Managing Genetic Conditions with DNA
4. Utilising DNA to Change Type Traits
5. Improving Production Traits with DNA
6. Assessing the Cost-Benefit of DNA Technology
The fourth webinar should be of particular interest and use to anyone wanting to breed polled Miniature Herefords.
You can register by going to http://sbts.une.edu.au/ and clicking onto the Webinar section.
Having already taken part in previous webinars I can recommend these as being well worth attending.